When a man says no in this culture, it’s the end of the discussion. When a woman says no, it’s the beginning of a negotiation.
— Gavin De Becker (via lunchwithdahmer)
(Source: dandyions, via electricbloomers)
Healthy things to do when bored at home.
You ever wanted to be constructive but was stuck at home for the day completely bored, no transportation, no money, no work or school? well here is a healthy guide to feeling accomplished in a day even if you can’t take care of everything you want in the moment, take baby steps, refresh your mind and body than proceed to plan out your week.
1. Eat breakfast - It’s the most important meal of the day and should be the only one with the highest calories and should keep you energized. The reason is because we burn off more calories during the day and our metabolism slows down at night time.
2. Take a shower - Not only does it make you smell nice but it is healthy for your body, leaving your mind refreshed.
3. Work out - I personally like a shower before I work out, I know it doesn’t make any sense but a shower before I workout really improves my work outs. We all know the reasons as to why working out is good but not to just stay healthy its more for mental health as well. Scientific proof that working out will release positive chemicals that help your brain waves to stay more positive. Even when I didn’t accomplish “important” things in that day I always feel accomplished after a work out.
4. Snack - A snack after a work out re-energizes you and protein is always good for your muscles after a work out, your body will heal faster and you wont feel as sore or at all.
5. Read - 15 minutes a day of reading is good to keep your brain active. Read anything, comics, books, manga, news and magazines.
6. Video games or puzzles - Many testing and documents have proven to increase the intelligence of a person who plays video games or puzzles on a daily basis, I am not saying do this all day or for long periods of time but its not only fun it improves quick thinking is sticky situations.
7. Lunch - After a break of down time, make something healthy to eat, be creative.
8. Plan out your week on a calender - When you sit down to plan out your week you become more organized and less forgetful. I know I forget to take care of my things all the time so I need it down on paper/electronic devices where you can start trying to take care of important things day by day.
9. Learn one new fact a day. - This can be done by reading 15 min a day or watching a youtube video online. When you learn something you can share it with other people, when you are able to come up with your own topics people start to respect you more as a person.
10. Watch a show - I personally don’t like to watch much tv but I always get caught into some shows or discovery channel. It’s my down time and I actually learn a lot about the earth when I set it on a health channel, Discovery, Animal planet, anything that educates you keeps you open minded and gives you topics to talk about with other people.
11. Make something creative for someone. - People love thoughtful gifts, no matter who you are, they might not always appreciate them and toss them to the side but it generally never fails to make someone smile, people like to know they are thought of especially the ones we are close to.
12. Write letters to friends and family. - You need strong bonding time with those around you, let me break it down as to why it’s important to show that you care about others. When you lose everything, who do you think will be there for you? when you’re homeless or at your lowest times we all need someone to be there to lift us up, it’s a circle of life and it’s ok to lean on those who are there for you till you get back up on your feet. Try to be there more for others and they will be there for you.
13. Take a picture - I love looking back at how far I came, I have a box called “box of memories” with all my letters, thoughtful gifts and pictures. Some day when you’re old you’ll have stories and proof to tell. Always keep proof you might need it someday. Pictures help out in so many ways in today society not just taking pictures of ourselves but of anything important or a memory we might just forget someday.
14. Learn a talent or practice on one. - I am not a very talented person but I have been working on my singing a little every day. I think its impersonally important to try and improve ourselves even if it’s a little a day. Talents are also great conversation starters.
15. Take a evening walk listening to music by yourself/with someone/walking dog. - I use to take sunset walks by myself all the time, I imagine is better with someone else or a pet that you love. You need some bonding time, with yourself, person or animal. It’s nice to just enjoy the earth and try to appreciate it for what it’s worth. Try to care about your planet a little more, maybe read up on it. Make sure you throw your trash away, take pictures of nature… because it all might be gone some day.
self esteem slowly being smashed away again. =[
(Source: fucking-famouss, via vusssup)
The Tumblr Guide to Healthy Living
a compilation of resources to help you eat right, exercise, and be happy!
How to Start a Healthier Lifestyle
Eating Clean Principles
Your Flat Belly Day 1 meal plan by Women’s Health Magazine
Your Flat Belly Day 2 meal plan by Women’s Health Magazine
Your Flat Belly Day 2 Meal Plan by Women’s Health Magazine
Eating Low Carb
What is Paleo
Portion Size Guide
Get lean grocery list
80 Healthiest Foods
100 Foods that Dr.Oz wants on your Shopping List
Tips to Snack Better
10-Calorie Sweet and Crunch Snacks
Why Eat Raw Foods?
10 Commandments of Dieting
Tips for Staying Healthy in School
The Happier way to Diet Menu
Food that makes You Prettier
Look Better Naked One Week Meal Plan Part 1
Look Better Naked One Week Meal Plan Part 2
The Best New Superfoods
12 Best Foods for your Abs
Clear Skin Diet
Foods that Melt Flab Away
Raw Food for the Rest of Us
5 Ingredient Eating Clean Recipes
Herbs that Heal
What to Eat When You’re Craving…
Eating Clean vs. Junk examples
Transition to Healthy Living
Eating Clean Video
Eating Clean Recipes
Healthy Meal Ideas for Breakfast, Lunch & DinnerBefore and After Workout Snack Ideas
Super 8-Step Salad Wraps
Not-Quite-Unnecessary Raving about Broccoli Slaw
Foods that Cause Bloating
Eat Breakfast, Here’s Why
Making Conscious Health Choices: Who Decides?
Not eating enough…but not hungry either?
Sunshine Oatmeal Recipe
Oatmeal from The Pea Pod
Chocolate Oatmeal Cookie-In-A-Bowl
An Overwhelming Amount of Oatmeal Recipes
Starbucks Drinks Under 200 Calories
Healthy Dessert Blog
Grapefruit & Strawberry Popsicles (make them without alcohol)
Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwiches
Frozen Yogurt Blackberries
Skinny Coconut Cupcake
Nutella Fudge Pops
Banana Split Cheesecake Bites
Frozen Fruit Pops
Healthy Banana Almond Chocolate Ice Cream
Banana Split Cheesecake Bites
Fruit Ice Cubes
Banana Ice Cream
Frozen Yogurt Strawberries
Peanut Butter Chocolate Ice Cream
More Frozen Banana Bites
Raw Tropical Ice Cream
Cucumber Melon Popsicles
Chocolate Covered Bananas
Apple Peanut Butter Slices
Frozen Banana Popsicles
Banana Berry Soft Serve
Volume Ice Cream
3 Day Detox
The Look Better Naked 2 Day Cleanse
Jillian Michaels Detox
Lean Green Smoothie
Free Vegetarian Starter Kit by Peta
Making the Transition
Recipes by Peta
Shopping guide by Peta
Easy Sweet Potato Veggie Burgers with Avocado
How to Determine Your Ideal Weight
How to Overcome A Plateau
Beat a Weight Loss Plateau
Why You Aren’t Losing Weight
How to Burn Fat Fastest
5 Metabolism Boosters
How to Conquer Cravings
20 Secrets of Very Fit People
Fighting Belly Fat
How Do I Lose Weight
Thinking of Giving Up?
The 2 Minute Visualization
How to Keep Yourself Full for Longer
Lose Weight without Dieting
Flat Tummy Tips
Commit to Fit
10 Ways to Get Your Diet Back On Track
Constructing A Plan
Body Type/Frame Size Calculator
Ideal Weight Calculator
How Much Weight You Can Lose By Prom/Summer/Your Wedding/This Thursday/Tonight
Winning by Losing - Jillian Michaels
Lift Weights to Help You Lose Weight
How to Start Running [Couch to 5k]
How to Tone Any Area of Your Body
Building Lean Muscle vs. Bulky Muscle
But I Don’t Want to Get Bulky!
Abdominal Exercises for Beginners
Running for Weight Loss
Gym Cheat Sheet
The Lazy Girl’s Guide to Interval Training
Archive of Online Work Outs
Top 30 Free YouTube Work Out Channels
100 Best Workout Songs
Insanity Workout Videos and Calender
Tone Every Inch
Top 10 Calorie Burning Cardio
More Links to Online Workouts
Victoria Secret Angel’s Workouts
30 Day Shred Printable Chart and Videos
BodyRock inspired Workouts
Yoga: The Basics and How to Get Started
77 Reasons To Do Yoga
YouTube Yoga for Beginners
YouTube Yoga Routine
YouTube by Body Part
Bye Bye Arm Jiggle
The Workout MovesLunge 101
Lean Thighs - No Lunges
Yes, You Can Yoga!
These holidays has been very kind to me, I couldn’t ask for any less or any more. Its perfect, innocent and fun =) I am also still working out and have been cooking my meals.
Cringer in his winter sweater <3